Phyllo pastry cups are widely available in the freezer section of most grocers, usually near the pastry and frozen fruit.
3 packages (each package contains 15 cups) phyllo pastry cups
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup 1 percent milk
4-ounce log soft goat cheese, crumbled
1 ounce finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 large egg, separated, plus 1 large egg white, at room temperature
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Pinch of cream of tartar
45 fresh dill, tarragon or miniature fresh basil sprigs or snipped chives
1. Heat the oven to 375F. Arrange the phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk for two minutes. Add the milk in a stream, whisking, and bring to a boil, whisking. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for three minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese, half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, the egg yolk, the mustard and salt and pepper, to taste, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat both egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until they just hold stiff peaks. Stir a third of the whites into the sauce, then fold in the remaining whites, gently but thoroughly.
4. Spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups. Bake on the oven’s middle shelf until they are puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and some herbs, then serve immediately.
— Sara Moulton, The Associated Press