¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken legs
½ cup sliced onion
2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Add chicken, onion, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, do not boil, and cook covered 10 minutes.
2. Turn chicken over and cook covered another 5 minutes. Meanwhile make the microwaved rice.
3. Remove chicken from the saucepan. Raise heat to high and reduce the sauce. Meanwhile pat chicken dry.
4. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a nonstick skillet and add chicken. Brown on one side 1 minute, brown on second side 1 minute.
5. Divide between two dinner plates and serve sauce on top.
Linda Gassenheimer, McClatchy News Service