¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken legs
½ cup sliced onion
2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Add chicken, onion, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, do not boil, and cook covered 10 minutes.
2. Turn chicken over and cook covered another 5 minutes. Meanwhile make the microwaved rice.
3. Remove chicken from the saucepan. Raise heat to high and reduce the sauce. Meanwhile pat chicken dry.
4. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a nonstick skillet and add chicken. Brown on one side 1 minute, brown on second side 1 minute.
5. Divide between two dinner plates and serve sauce on top.
Linda Gassenheimer, McClatchy News Service