This punch is great to make ahead and then just add bubbles right before serving. Make a festive ice-ring to chill the punch, or serve over large ice balls — there are lots of molds available online.
Makes 16-20 servings
2 cups water
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
2 cups sugar
12 whole cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground allspice
2 cinnamon sticks, broken up
3 cups gold rum
1 cup brandy or cognac
1 cup guava or passion fruit nectar
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons Peychaud’s or Angostura bitters
1 bottle brut sparkling wine or Champagne, chilled
1. To make the syrup: Combine syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer slowly for about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature before proceeding with recipe. Or you can prepare the syrup up to a week in advance and store refrigerated.
2. To make the punch: in a large punch bowl (or large container such as a stock pot or pitcher) combine the Spiced Syrup, rum, brandy, juices and bitters. Stir to combine. (At this point you can refrigerate the punch for up to three days in advance.)
3. Present in a large punch bowl. Add sparkling wine/Champagne right before serving. Serve punch in an old fashioned glass over ice or large ice balls.
© Kathy Casey Liquid Kitchen®, www.liquidkitchen.com