For the adobo sauce and garlic, start with the lower amounts, then taste and adjust to your preference.
½ cup ketchup
1 to 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
Most Read Stories
2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar, or to taste
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts without the filet (a total of 2 to 3 breasts, each about ¾- to 1-inch thick)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl combine the ketchup, adobo sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Line a shallow baking dish with foil, leaving enough excess to generously overhang the sides. Spread half of the sauce on the foil in an area just the size of the chicken breasts. Arrange the breasts on top of the sauce and spoon the remaining sauce over them. Bring the edges of the foil up and over the chicken and fold it to enclose them. Bake the breasts on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium, heat the oil. Add the breadcrumbs, thyme, a pinch of salt and some pepper. Saute until light golden, two to three minutes. Set aside.
5. After the chicken has baked for 20 minutes, open up the foil and spoon any sauce that has fallen off the chicken back on top of it. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the chicken. Continue baking, uncovered, until the chicken is just cooked through, another eight to 10 minutes. Let stand for five minutes.
6. Carefully slice the chicken, then divide between four serving plates, spooning any sauce and crumbs that have fallen off over the chicken slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 240 calories; 45 calories from fat (19 percent of total calories); 5 g fat (1 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 65 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 9 g sugar; 28 g protein; 750 mg sodium.