Makes 8 cakes
For the salsa:
½ fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
For the shrimp cakes:
1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 pound cod fillets
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Toss all the salsa ingredients well in a glass bowl and refrigerate.
2. Place shredded coconut in a pie pan and set aside.
3. Pulse egg, cod, shrimp (reserve a few if desired to steam and use as garnish) and salt in a food processor until well combined. Form mixture into 8 balls about 2 inches in diameter. Pat into disc shapes and coat in coconut.
4. In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Fry the cakes until golden brown, about three to four minutes per side. Serve with pineapple salsa, garnished with steamed shrimp if desired.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, Miami Herald, from Deliverlean.