2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 large onion, chopped
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
1 large carrot, shredded
2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
2 cups half-and-half
1 (15-oz.) can unsweetened pumpkin purée
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
¼ cup sour cream
Toasted sunflower seeds
1. Heat the butter in a heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add the curry powder, onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the stock and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
2. Return mixture to soup pot and stir in the pumpkin, half-and-half, salt and white pepper. Heat over medium heat to a serving temperature. Scoop into soup bowls or pumpkin shells. Top with sour cream and sunflower seeds.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 212; Fat: 6 g; Sodium: 310 mg; Carbohydrates: 14 g; Saturated fat: 10 g; Calcium 130 mg; Protein: 5 g; Cholesterol: 45 mg; Dietary fiber 3 g
Adapted by Star Tribune (Minneapolis) from Beatrice Ojakangas“The Soup & Bread Cookbook” (Rodale, 308 pages, $23.99).