This is a quick-to-fix summer gazpacho recipe.
Makes 6 servings
4 cups watermelon chunks, seeded
1 cup peeled, seeded cucumber, finely diced
1 cup peeled, seeded cantaloupe, finely diced
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
1/2 cup crème fraîche
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
1. In a blender, purée the watermelon until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the watermelon purée, cucumber, cantaloupe, salt, lemon juice and tarragon. Refrigerate until completely chilled, or at least 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, basil and mint. Serve the soup topped with the herbed crème fraîche.
From Alison Ladman for The Associated Press.