Makes enough frosting for a 3-layer cake
½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk or cream, if needed
1. Cream butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. Add salt and vanilla. Slowly start to add powdered sugar at low speed.
2. Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, turn mixer to high and whip for at least 7 minutes or longer, scraping sides. If the icing seems too thick, mix in a tablespoon or 2 of the milk or cream.
The New York Times