Makes enough frosting for a 3-layer cake
½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk or cream, if needed
1. Cream butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. Add salt and vanilla. Slowly start to add powdered sugar at low speed.
2. Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, turn mixer to high and whip for at least 7 minutes or longer, scraping sides. If the icing seems too thick, mix in a tablespoon or 2 of the milk or cream.
The New York Times