Makes about 1¼ liters
1½ cups sugar
3 cups cranberries
One 1-liter bottle vodka
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
Strips of lime or orange zest (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, bring sugar and 1½ cups water to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Place cranberries in a food processor and pulse until they are broken up. Add cranberries, vodka and citrus zest (if using) to the sugar syrup in the pot. Stir well, then transfer to a large jar or two, cover and shake well. Shake the mixture every day for two weeks. At this point, you can either strain the mixture into smaller bottles for gift giving or continue to infuse the spirit in the large jar. It will keep for up to two months.
Adapted by The New York Times from Corey Balazowich