For the gratin:
2 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
2 14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Zest of 2 lemon
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Fontina cheese
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
24 ounces lump crab meat
2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoon butter, melted
For the salad:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons maple syrup
4 cups baby arugula
½ cup fresh or dried cherries
4 tablespoons toasted almonds (optional)
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 375 F. Place four shallow individual-sized casserole or gratin dishes on a baking sheet.
2. Chop the artichoke hearts and hearts of palm into 1/2-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, gently stir together the artichokes and hearts of palm with the thyme, lemon zest, cream, fontina, white pepper and crab. Spoon the mixture into the gratin dishes.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and melted butter. Sprinkle over the gratins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
4. While the gratins bake, make the salad. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Add the arugula, cherries and almonds and gently toss to coat. Serve topped with sea salt and black pepper.
From Alison Ladman, The Associated Press