2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
½ cup shortening or softened butter or margarine
3 cup cold milk
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter or margarine
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Stir flour, salt, baking powder and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives (or pulse with a food processor), until mixture looks like small peas.
2. Stir in milk with a fork just until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl. Stir in cheese.
3. Place butter and garlic in a 9- by 13-inch pan; place in oven until butter melts and garlic is fragrant, about three minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir in the parsley.
4. Use about ¼ cup dough to form a ball. Roll it in butter mixture to coat and arrange in pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Pat tops down slightly so bottoms are flat. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just golden. Spoon any remaining butter on top. Serve warm.
Linda Cicero, The Miami Herald