2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
¾ cup milk
¾ teaspoon salt
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: 'He just doesn't trust a lot of people'
Most Read Stories
6 tablespoons Irish butter, plus additional melted butter if desired
1 cup chopped onion
6 cups finely shredded green cabbage (or one 10-ounce package)
1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Dubliner cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes about 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well and mash with skins on, adding milk and salt. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add cabbage; cook and stir for five minutes more or until soft. Stir cabbage mixture and cheese into hot potatoes and add pepper. Mound onto serving plates and make a well in the center of each for melted butter.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, Miami Herald, from kerrygoldusa.com/recipes