2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
¾ cup milk
¾ teaspoon salt
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
6 tablespoons Irish butter, plus additional melted butter if desired
1 cup chopped onion
6 cups finely shredded green cabbage (or one 10-ounce package)
1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Dubliner cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes about 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well and mash with skins on, adding milk and salt. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add cabbage; cook and stir for five minutes more or until soft. Stir cabbage mixture and cheese into hot potatoes and add pepper. Mound onto serving plates and make a well in the center of each for melted butter.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, Miami Herald, from kerrygoldusa.com/recipes