2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
¾ cup milk
¾ teaspoon salt
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Google plans new HQ, and a city fears being overrun
Most Read Stories
6 tablespoons Irish butter, plus additional melted butter if desired
1 cup chopped onion
6 cups finely shredded green cabbage (or one 10-ounce package)
1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Dubliner cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes about 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well and mash with skins on, adding milk and salt. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add cabbage; cook and stir for five minutes more or until soft. Stir cabbage mixture and cheese into hot potatoes and add pepper. Mound onto serving plates and make a well in the center of each for melted butter.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, Miami Herald, from kerrygoldusa.com/recipes