Serves six to eight
5 large oranges
2 large pink grapefruit
¾ cup orange marmalade
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
1. To peel the oranges and grapefruit: Slice away the tops and bottoms. Sit on a flat end and slice away the orange peel and white pith with a small sharp knife.
2. Over a bowl, slice between the membranes to remove each section. Stir in the orange marmalade; the juice of the fruit will liquefy the marmalade. Cover and refrigerate. Serve very cold.
Adapted by The Seattle Times in 1993 from “The Breakfast Book” by Marion Cunningham.