Lynne Rossetto Kasper offers this recipe for Citrus Fizz Cooler with Fresh Mint and Ginger.
Serves 6 to 8 and doubles easily
1/2 cup fresh spearmint leaves
1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
2 lemons, thinly sliced
2 limes, thinly sliced
8 large sprigs fresh spearmint
1 large bottle bubbly mineral water
1 large bottle tonic water (sugar-free, if preferred)
1. In the bottom of a pitcher large enough to hold all the ingredients, combine the 1/2 cup of mint leaves and the ginger. Crush them together with a wooden spoon to release their fragrances.
2. Garnish each of six or eight glasses with a thin slice each of orange, lemon and lime and a sprig of mint. Combine the remaining fruits with the mineral water and tonic in the pitcher. Stir to lightly bruise the fruits and blend in the ginger and crushed mint. Add ice to the glasses and pour.
Note: No alcohol is needed with the tang of this cooler, but if you’d like to add some, rum or tequila are good choices.
From Lynne Rossetto Kasper