Makes enough for 24 cupcakes
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
Most Read Stories
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
About 4 tablespoons water
1. Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder; add a pinch of salt.
2. Cream butter with an electric mixer or in a food processor. Add sugar mixture slowly, mixing until smooth and blended. Add vanilla and water. The frosting should be easily spreadable at this point. Add a little more water if needed.
Times Kitchen Note: If making the frosting ahead, transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before using. Whisk well to soften.
Adapted from “The Best of BetterBaking.com: 175 Classic Recipes from the Beloved Baker’s Website” by Marcy Goldman & Yvan Huneault