This quick-to-fix dinner wrap features avocado and roasted chicken.
Ripe avocado mixed with tomatoes, onion and hot pepper sauce makes a tasty, quick filling for colorful tortilla wraps. It’s perfect for a quick dinner on the go or satisfying lunch.
Chicken Avocado Wrap
Makes 2 servings
2 tablespoons frozen chopped onion
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
1 medium tomato, quartered (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and seed removed (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
Several drops hot pepper sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons pine nuts
6 ounces roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips about 2-inches long and 1/4-inch wide, or roasted ready-to-eat chicken strips (1 1/2 cups)
1. Add onion, tomato and avocado, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste to the bowl of a food processor. Process to coarsely chop leaving chunks of avocado. Or, chop the ingredients by hand. Spread the mixture on the two tortillas and sprinkle pine nuts and cooked chicken pieces on top. Roll up tortilla, cut in half and serve.
Per serving: 423 calories, 16 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 34 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 4 g sugars, 309 mg sodium.
Exchanges/Choices: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean mat, 3 fat
From “Mix’n’Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes” by Linda Gassenheimer, published by the American Diabetes Association. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association.