4 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon ground cumin
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
6 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Heat the oven to 400 F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, cheddar, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, sausage and scallions. Spoon the mixture into the jalapeños halves, then arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, smoked paprika and panko. Spoon the panko mixture onto the filling in the jalapeños. Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories; 180 calories from fat (78 percent of total calories); 20 g fat (10 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 55 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 7 g protein; 270 mg sodium.
Alison Ladman, The Associated Press