4 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Widespread Comcast outage reported in Puget Sound
- Largest organic grocer now Costco, analysts say
- Bette Midler lights up KeyArena | Concert review
- FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities
- Snooze away: Adults need 7 hours of sleep a night, new guidelines say
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
6 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Heat the oven to 400 F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, cheddar, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, sausage and scallions. Spoon the mixture into the jalapeños halves, then arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, smoked paprika and panko. Spoon the panko mixture onto the filling in the jalapeños. Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories; 180 calories from fat (78 percent of total calories); 20 g fat (10 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 55 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 7 g protein; 270 mg sodium.
Alison Ladman, The Associated Press