Serves six to eight
2 pounds baby carrots, as uniform as possible
3 tablespoons butter
3 cup dry sherry
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼-½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 cup shelled natural pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Peel the carrots and cut in half. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the carrots and time five to seven minutes, until almost tender. Drain and plunge into ice water until chilled. Drain and pat dry. Store in plastic bags in refrigeration.
2. In a large pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sherry and bring to a boil; boil one minute.
3. Stir in the carrots, sugar, lemon, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed. Stir in the pistachios and serve.
From The Seattle Times archives, 1992