8 medium carrots (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon cumin, optional
1. Heat the oven to 225 degrees. Peel carrots and cut into 1/8-inch coins. Toss with olive oil, salt and cumin, if you’re using it, then spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until slightly shriveled, dehydrated and sweet but still soft and chewy. You may have to move them or the pan around to ensure they don’t burn or get too crisp.
2. Start testing carrots after about two hours and remove from oven when they’re as chewy or crisp as you like, another 30 to 60 minutes. Cool thoroughly before storing in an airtight container.
Mark Bittman, The New York Times