8 medium carrots (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Sister-in-law didn’t appreciate delivery support
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon cumin, optional
1. Heat the oven to 225 degrees. Peel carrots and cut into 1/8-inch coins. Toss with olive oil, salt and cumin, if you’re using it, then spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until slightly shriveled, dehydrated and sweet but still soft and chewy. You may have to move them or the pan around to ensure they don’t burn or get too crisp.
2. Start testing carrots after about two hours and remove from oven when they’re as chewy or crisp as you like, another 30 to 60 minutes. Cool thoroughly before storing in an airtight container.
Mark Bittman, The New York Times