Serves four to six
1 pound dry spinach fettuccine
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins removed if desired
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons gold tequila
2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1¼ pounds chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch pieces
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1½ cups heavy cream
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, eight to 10 minutes, or according to the package instructions. Drain, very lightly oil (to keep the pasta from sticking) and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, cook one-third cup of the cilantro (reserve the rest for garnish), garlic and jalapeño with 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until aromatic and the garlic is golden, four to five minutes. Stir in the broth, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until thickened to a paste-like consistency, six to eight minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, drizzle the soy sauce over the chicken pieces and set aside to marinate for five minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the onion and red, yellow and green peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have wilted. Stir in the chicken and soy sauce, then the tequila/lime paste and cream.
5. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened, several minutes. When the sauce is done, stir in the fettuccine and remaining cilantro.
6. Serve the dish family-style or plate on individual serving dishes. Serve immediately.
Adapted by The Los Angeles Times from California Pizza Kitchen