2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
Most Read Stories
¼ teaspoon bottled minced garlic
3 6-ounce cans skinless boneless pink salmon in water, drained
¼ cup sliced scallions
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plus ½cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
1 teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning blend
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon canola oil
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare aioli: Combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Prepare cakes: Combine salmon, onion, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Cajun seasoning and mustard in a medium bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty. Dredge patties in remaining breadcrumbs.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Cook patties three minutes on each side or until lightly browned and heated through.
4. Serve aioli over salmon. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
— Adapted by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette from “Cooking Light: The Food Lover’s Healthy Habits Cookbook” (Oxmore House, $24.95)