Note: One waffle consists of one grid.
1¾ cups flour
¼ cup dark-brown sugar
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1½ cups milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
1. Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Whisk together egg yolks and milk; whisk into the flour mixture. Stir in butter and crumbled bacon. Fold in beaten egg whites.
4. Heat waffle iron. Place ¼ cup batter for each waffle in the iron, close and cook five minutes, or until the waffles are completely cooked through.
5. Keep the waffles in a warm oven while cooking remaining batter. (Do not stack or waffles will become soggy).
6. Serve two waffles to each person with maple syrup.
From The Seattle Times archives, 1994