Note: One waffle consists of one grid.
1¾ cups flour
¼ cup dark-brown sugar
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1½ cups milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
1. Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Whisk together egg yolks and milk; whisk into the flour mixture. Stir in butter and crumbled bacon. Fold in beaten egg whites.
4. Heat waffle iron. Place ¼ cup batter for each waffle in the iron, close and cook five minutes, or until the waffles are completely cooked through.
5. Keep the waffles in a warm oven while cooking remaining batter. (Do not stack or waffles will become soggy).
6. Serve two waffles to each person with maple syrup.
From The Seattle Times archives, 1994