Note: One waffle consists of one grid.
1¾ cups flour
¼ cup dark-brown sugar
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1½ cups milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
1. Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Whisk together egg yolks and milk; whisk into the flour mixture. Stir in butter and crumbled bacon. Fold in beaten egg whites.
4. Heat waffle iron. Place ¼ cup batter for each waffle in the iron, close and cook five minutes, or until the waffles are completely cooked through.
5. Keep the waffles in a warm oven while cooking remaining batter. (Do not stack or waffles will become soggy).
6. Serve two waffles to each person with maple syrup.
From The Seattle Times archives, 1994