1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
5 tablespoons grated lemon zest
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
9-inch partially baked Sweet Buttery Tart Crust, 1 inch deep (see related recipe)
1-½ cups blueberries, rinsed, sorted, and dried
Confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, grated zest and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Beat in the eggs and granulated sugar; mix well.
3. Pour into the partially baked tart shell and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Arrange the blueberries (or other fresh fruit) over the warm filling, pressing lightly. When cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
From “The Silver Palate Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins