1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
5 tablespoons grated lemon zest
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
9-inch partially baked Sweet Buttery Tart Crust, 1 inch deep (see related recipe)
1-½ cups blueberries, rinsed, sorted, and dried
Confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, grated zest and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Beat in the eggs and granulated sugar; mix well.
3. Pour into the partially baked tart shell and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Arrange the blueberries (or other fresh fruit) over the warm filling, pressing lightly. When cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
From “The Silver Palate Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins