1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
5 tablespoons grated lemon zest
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
9-inch partially baked Sweet Buttery Tart Crust, 1 inch deep (see related recipe)
1-½ cups blueberries, rinsed, sorted, and dried
Confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, grated zest and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Beat in the eggs and granulated sugar; mix well.
3. Pour into the partially baked tart shell and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Arrange the blueberries (or other fresh fruit) over the warm filling, pressing lightly. When cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
From “The Silver Palate Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins