1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
5 tablespoons grated lemon zest
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
9-inch partially baked Sweet Buttery Tart Crust, 1 inch deep (see related recipe)
1-½ cups blueberries, rinsed, sorted, and dried
Confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, grated zest and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Beat in the eggs and granulated sugar; mix well.
3. Pour into the partially baked tart shell and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Arrange the blueberries (or other fresh fruit) over the warm filling, pressing lightly. When cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
From “The Silver Palate Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins