4 large tomatoes, cored and peeled
1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
½ clove garlic, crushed
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon chopped scallions, shallots or onion
Chopped green pepper, parsley or basil leaves
1. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and onion in blender. Strain mixture to remove tomato seeds, if desired. Chill thoroughly. Serve in chilled soup bowls with 1 tablespoon plain yogurt on top. Garnish with choice of green pepper, parsley or basil.
Nutritional information per serving: 32 calories, 1g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 3g fiber, 203mg sodium, 341mg potassium.
Adapted by The New York Times from Betty Wedman-St Louis