4 large tomatoes, cored and peeled
1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
½ clove garlic, crushed
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon chopped scallions, shallots or onion
Chopped green pepper, parsley or basil leaves
1. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and onion in blender. Strain mixture to remove tomato seeds, if desired. Chill thoroughly. Serve in chilled soup bowls with 1 tablespoon plain yogurt on top. Garnish with choice of green pepper, parsley or basil.
Nutritional information per serving: 32 calories, 1g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 3g fiber, 203mg sodium, 341mg potassium.
Adapted by The New York Times from Betty Wedman-St Louis