4 large tomatoes, cored and peeled
1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
½ clove garlic, crushed
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon chopped scallions, shallots or onion
Chopped green pepper, parsley or basil leaves
1. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and onion in blender. Strain mixture to remove tomato seeds, if desired. Chill thoroughly. Serve in chilled soup bowls with 1 tablespoon plain yogurt on top. Garnish with choice of green pepper, parsley or basil.
Nutritional information per serving: 32 calories, 1g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 3g fiber, 203mg sodium, 341mg potassium.
Adapted by The New York Times from Betty Wedman-St Louis