Makes 1 cup
This is not only low in calories, but it packs a terrific flavor punch for an everyday side salad. It’s also great with a main-dish salad of tuna or sliced chicken or grilled shrimp.
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup peanut oil
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Should UW stick with coach Lorenzo Romar?
- Doughnut wars: Seattle sweets vs. Portland pastries
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon chopped celery
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1½ teaspoons tomato paste
1½ teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Dash each of salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor until almost smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, The Miami Herald