Makes 12 muffins
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Grease 12 muffin pan cups (with standard cups of 2 ½-by-1 ¼ inches). Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Measure the 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt into a large bowl; stir together with a wire whisk. Put the milk, ½ cup) butter, melted butter, egg and vanilla into a separate bowl; beat ingredients together with a fork just until combined. Add liquids all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until flour is moistened; batter will be lumpy.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Immediately remove muffins from pan. Serve muffins warm or cool on a wire rack to serve later.
From the 125th anniversary edition of “The Good Housekeeping Cookbook.”