Makes 12 servings 1 (8- to 10-pound) fully cooked ham, bone in Whole cloves ½ cup madeira wine 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1 jar (12...
Makes 12 servings
1 (8- to 10-pound) fully cooked ham, bone in
½ cup madeira wine
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 jar (12 ounces) apricot-pineapple jam
1. With a sharp knife, trim the ham’s outer skin starting at the wide end and within 3 inches from the shank end of the ham, exposing the fat underneath. Score fat in a diamond pattern and stud each diamond with a clove.
2. Put ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven 18 to 25 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for ham that is bought vacuum-packaged from the plant or 165 degrees if the ham was repacked in any location outside the plant.
3. In a small bowl, mix wine, mustard and jam. Uncover ham. Baste ham every 15 minutes with jam mixture during the last 40 minutes of baking.
Seattle Times tested recipe