Serves 4 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for baking pan
1-1/3 pounds halibut fillet
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Macy’s proposing changes to downtown Seattle store
Most Read Stories
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Optional: chopped cilantro for garnish
4 lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line the bottom of a broiling pan with aluminum foil; brush the top with a little oil.
2. Cut the fish into 4 serving pieces and brush all sides with the remaining tablespoon oil; place on the pan. Mix cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and a few grindings of black pepper. Rub the mixture over the tops and sides of the fish.
3. Bake fish without turning until just opaque in the center, about 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Using a wide spatula, separate fish from skin and transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with cilantro if using and serve with lime wedges.
Data per serving:
Saturated fat 0.95g
Monounsaturated fat 3.76g
Polyunsaturated fat 1.48g
From “The Big Book of Fish & Shellfish” by Fred Thompson