Makes 4 main-dish servings
For the tahini sauce:
1 cup ground tahini
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
¾ teaspoon ground garlic
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt to taste
3 medium cucumbers
2 medium tomatoes
¼ cup of chopped red onion
½ cup homemade croutons
3 cups warm garbanzo beans
Chopped parsley for garnish
Olive oil and lemon juice to taste
2 hard-cooked eggs
1. Make the tahini sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulsing to completely incorporate. Makes about 1¼ cups. Set aside.
2. Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion into a fine dice, place in a salad bowl and toss with the warm beans. Add the tahini sauce as desired and toss. Taste and add olive oil and lemon juice as needed. Sprinkle parsley on top, then grate on the egg. Serve immediately.
Adapted by Linda Cicero, The Miami Herald, from Aroma Espresso Bar.