A holiday recipe for Apple Pie Americana
Makes 8 servings
1 1/2 cups flour
½ cup vegetable oil
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons milk, very cold
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the crust: in a large bowl, mix together flour, oil, milk, sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, spreading dough evenly over bottom and up sides. Crimp edges of dough around perimeter of pan.
3. For filling: toss apples slices with sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
4. For topping: mix together flour, sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apple filling.
5. Place pie on a baking sheet on middle rack of preheated oven; bake 45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
From “Simply Classic,” The Junior League of Seattle