1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 ½ cups sugar
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Live updates from May Day 2016 in Seattle
Most Read Stories
3 tablespoons almond liqueur
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
6 large eggs
1/3 cup sliced almonds
¾ cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
¼ cup almond liqueur
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add liqueur and vanilla, beating just until blended. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Sprinkle almonds over bottom of a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan; pour batter into pan.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. During last 10 minutes of baking, prepare the glaze. Remove cake from oven, and gradually spoon hot glaze over cake in pan. (Continue to spoon glaze over cake until all of glaze is used, allowing it to soak into the cake after each addition.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour and 30 minutes).
o make the glaze:
Bring sugar, butter, almond liqueur, and water to a boil in a small 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often; reduce heat to medium-low, and boil, stirring constantly, three minutes. Remove from heat, and use immediately.
The Baltimore Sun