1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
3 cups sugar
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon extract
¾ cup 7-up soda
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Cream butter and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy; about 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add the flour. Beat in lemon extract and 7-up.
2. Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured tube or Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1¼ hours.
3. Cool a little and then remove the cake onto cooling rack. When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
— The Baltimore Sun