1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
3 cups sugar
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
Most Read Stories
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon extract
¾ cup 7-up soda
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Cream butter and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy; about 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add the flour. Beat in lemon extract and 7-up.
2. Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured tube or Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1¼ hours.
3. Cool a little and then remove the cake onto cooling rack. When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
— The Baltimore Sun