Cochon 555 is back. You know not to eat a big Sunday brunch beforehand, right? Or at least go easy on the bacon because entire pigs will be roasted that evening by chefs from top regional restaurants.
At Cochon 555, chefs will try to dazzle the crowd with their preparation of heritage-breed pigs. This year’s contestants at the Seattle stop: Jason Franey of Canlis; Johnathan Sundstrom of Lark; Josh Henderson of Skillet; Rachel Yang and Seif Chirchi of Joule and Revel; Shane Ryan of Matt’s in the Market; and, from Portland, Jason Barwikowski of Woodsman Tavern.
The winning chef will advance to the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen on June 16.
5-8 p.m. Sunday, Cedarbrook Lodge, 18525 36th Ave. S.; $125 (www.cochon555.com).
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
Tan Vinh, Seattle Times staff writer