Cochon 555 is back. You know not to eat a big Sunday brunch beforehand, right? Or at least go easy on the bacon because entire pigs will be roasted that evening by chefs from top regional restaurants.
At Cochon 555, chefs will try to dazzle the crowd with their preparation of heritage-breed pigs. This year’s contestants at the Seattle stop: Jason Franey of Canlis; Johnathan Sundstrom of Lark; Josh Henderson of Skillet; Rachel Yang and Seif Chirchi of Joule and Revel; Shane Ryan of Matt’s in the Market; and, from Portland, Jason Barwikowski of Woodsman Tavern.
The winning chef will advance to the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen on June 16.
5-8 p.m. Sunday, Cedarbrook Lodge, 18525 36th Ave. S.; $125 (www.cochon555.com).
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
Most Read Stories
Tan Vinh, Seattle Times staff writer