An oyster stew recipe provided by Amy Dennis, of Raymond, Pacific County.
6 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
1-1 ½ pint oysters
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
2 ½ cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
l/2 cup oyster liquid
Red and black pepper
Season oysters and simmer in their own juice until slightly curled. Set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour. Blend. Add onions and stir over heat until limp. Add oyster juice, then milk and half-and-half, one cup at a time, stirring constantly while cooking, about 10 minutes. Add oysters (6 or 8 per person, as desired). Take care not to get the stew too hot since it will have a tendency to curdle. Add additional seasoning as desired. Serve and enjoy.