An oyster stew recipe provided by Amy Dennis, of Raymond, Pacific County.
6 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
1-1 ½ pint oysters
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- What concussion testing did WSU QB Luke Falk have to go through? We ask WSU's team physician, Dr. Dennis Garcia
Most Read Stories
2 ½ cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
l/2 cup oyster liquid
Red and black pepper
Season oysters and simmer in their own juice until slightly curled. Set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour. Blend. Add onions and stir over heat until limp. Add oyster juice, then milk and half-and-half, one cup at a time, stirring constantly while cooking, about 10 minutes. Add oysters (6 or 8 per person, as desired). Take care not to get the stew too hot since it will have a tendency to curdle. Add additional seasoning as desired. Serve and enjoy.