An oyster stew recipe provided by Amy Dennis, of Raymond, Pacific County.
6 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
1-1 ½ pint oysters
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Rain-soaked Seattle has nation's highest water bills
Most Read Stories
2 ½ cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
l/2 cup oyster liquid
Red and black pepper
Season oysters and simmer in their own juice until slightly curled. Set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour. Blend. Add onions and stir over heat until limp. Add oyster juice, then milk and half-and-half, one cup at a time, stirring constantly while cooking, about 10 minutes. Add oysters (6 or 8 per person, as desired). Take care not to get the stew too hot since it will have a tendency to curdle. Add additional seasoning as desired. Serve and enjoy.