A recipe for oyster dressing provided by Amy Dennis, of Raymond, Pacific County.
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 cups stale bread cubes
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
2 cups oysters, with liquor
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
l egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. marjoram
Melt butter in skillet and saute onion and celery until tender but not browned. Put bread cubes in bowl and add sauteed vegetables. Strain the oyster liquor through cheesecloth if gritty, into sauce pan. Bring to boil and add cleaned oysters. Simmer 3 minutes or until edges just curl. Skim out the oysters and quarter if they are too large. Add to bread mixture. Add remaining ingredients and enough oyster liquor, usually about 1/3 cup, to moisten dressing. If not enough use chicken broth.
Put in bird while moist; remoisten and adjust spices as necessary. Or bake separately in a casserole dish at 350 degrees until heated through, with a crust on the outside, 25 to 40 minutes.