A recipe for oyster dressing provided by Amy Dennis, of Raymond, Pacific County.
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 cups stale bread cubes
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Piece of Flight MH370 might finally have surfaced
Most Read Stories
2 cups oysters, with liquor
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
l egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. marjoram
Melt butter in skillet and saute onion and celery until tender but not browned. Put bread cubes in bowl and add sauteed vegetables. Strain the oyster liquor through cheesecloth if gritty, into sauce pan. Bring to boil and add cleaned oysters. Simmer 3 minutes or until edges just curl. Skim out the oysters and quarter if they are too large. Add to bread mixture. Add remaining ingredients and enough oyster liquor, usually about 1/3 cup, to moisten dressing. If not enough use chicken broth.
Put in bird while moist; remoisten and adjust spices as necessary. Or bake separately in a casserole dish at 350 degrees until heated through, with a crust on the outside, 25 to 40 minutes.