Mobile Chowdown pits food vendors from Seattle against some from Portland at the Seattle Center on Saturday.
The popular food-cart extravaganza Mobile Chowdown returns at 11 a.m. Saturday at Seattle Center, with about 20 street-food vendors from Seattle and Portland.
Look at it as sort of a throwdown. Who has the better Korean taco truck: our Marination Mobile or Portland’s Koi Fusion? The better pork sandwich: Seattle’s Maximus/Minimus or The People’s Pig in Portland?
Bring your appetite or lots of friends to share and debate.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Piece of Flight MH370 might finally have surfaced
Most Read Stories
Acclaimed Portland food carts Whiffies and Potato Champion also will be there, as will a beer garden. The food carts will be parked around the old Fun Forest site (now known as Center Square). Admission is free.
Tan Vinh, Seattle Times staff reporter