Six easy steps to great-looking, great-tasting scrambled eggs.
Q: Many scrambled eggs I get are dried out and tasteless. How can I improve on these sorry examples at home?
A: For great-looking and great-tasting scrambled eggs, you need a little patience and these easy techniques.
1. Beat your eggs until they’re completely blended. Add a little water, cream or milk to make them tender. Use 1 tablespoon of liquid per egg.
2. Prep the pan. Heat a nonstick skillet over a medium flame and toss in a pat of butter. Make sure the butter coats the pan.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
3. Pour in the eggs. Pause to let them heat slightly — gentle heat is essential.
4. Patience makes perfect. Move the eggs across the pan like a bulldozer so the eggs cook evenly. This takes a little time, but it’s worth it.
5. As the eggs start to set, add chopped fresh herbs or bits of ham or cheese.
6. Turn your cooked eggs onto warmed plates and dig in!