Chew on our raisin quiz
We heard it through the grapevine that it’s time to put down the junk food and chew on something naturally sweet — a raisin quiz.
1. Not to slam the competition, but the California Raisin Marketing Board is boasting that a quarter-cup of raisins contains how much more potassium than a quarter-cup of banana?
a) 237 milligrams
b) 74 mg
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
c) 35 mg
2. What substance found in raisins can help kill bacteria that lead to cavities and periodontal disease?
a) Folic acid
b) Oleanolic acid
c) Tartaric acid
3. How many pounds of grapes does it take to make one pound of raisins?
4. Roughly half the world’s raisins are grown where?
5. What were the names given to the singing raisins in the “California Raisins” television commercials?
a) Ben Indasun, Justin X. Grape and Tiny Goodbite
b) Manny Wrinkles, Dot Sagrape, Sugar Galore
c) Heywood U. Buyme, Hugh G. Grape, Sasha Taste
ANSWERS: 1: c; 2: b; 3: b; 4: c; 5: a.
(Reach Sam McManis at email@example.com.