This recipe for Boneless Buffalo Wings offers flavor without all the calories associated with some recipes.
When you place an order for boneless buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing, more than 1200 calories and about 90 fat grams could land on your table.
But my homemade version of this appetizer offers the flavor you crave without the extra calories.
You can have two of my boneless buffalo wings with 2 tablespoons of my blue cheese dressing for 262 calories and 13.5 fat grams.
KATHY’S BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
Most Read Stories
Makes 12 pieces or 6 servings
1 cup trans-fat-free Panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Set a rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
3. Combine the breadcrumbs, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika in a pie plate or shallow bowl and mix well.
4. Slice each chicken breast into six pieces, then put the chicken in a large bowl of ice water until well chilled. Remove the chicken from the ice water and pat dry with paper towels. Using a pastry brush, thoroughly coat each piece of chicken breast with light mayonnaise. Transfer the chicken to the pie plate and bread each piece.
5. Put the chicken on the prepared rack and spray each piece lightly with cooking spray.
6. Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and brown.
7. Place the baked chicken pieces into a container that has a lid. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken in the container, cover with the lid and shake gently until each piece of chicken is coated with hot sauce. Serve with Kathy’s blue cheese dressing on the side.
Adapted from a “Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2″ recipe by Chef Todd Wilbur.
KATHY’S BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
Makes about 2 ¼ cups.
4 ounces reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
1 cup light mayonnaise
11/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate the dressing for at least a few hours to blend flavors before serving.
Adapted from a “Joy of Cooking” recipe
(Reach Kathy Manweiler at 316-268-6266 or email@example.com.)