No cafeteria tacos at Licorous. The Seattle bar sells them freshly made with pulled pork on Tuesdays — for a buck apiece. Get there early, though.
Happy hour |
At some point, Taco Tuesday became part of the dining lexicon, like “Blue Plate Special.” It meant a taco for a buck, sometimes from taco mix poured over some defrosted burger meat from a tube.
Here’s one Taco Tuesday that doesn’t resemble your school cafeteria variety — at Licorous, where the tacos are made from fresh masa, fried before the bar opens at 5 p.m., folded and filled with tender, herbaceous pulled pork, with some sour cabbage to play off the salted cotija cheese.
Maybe the best Taco Tuesday in the city.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
The savvy happy-hour goers know to come early. Licorous often runs out of tacos by 9 p.m., though on a recent visit, they were sold out by 6:45 p.m.
Licorous, also the owners of Lark next door, also offers one of the best happy-hour cocktail deals on Capitol Hill — $5 cocktails, including some splendid brown and bitter drinks: bourbon cocktails, such as bourbon with some sweet vermouth, grapefruit bitters and hazelnut, or bourbon sexed up with some amaro and rhubarb bitters.
Licorous, 928 12th Ave., offers happy hour from 5-7 p.m. Mondays-Fridays with $5 on all house specialty cocktails. Also, those Taco Tuesdays with tacos for $1 (tacos usually sell out by 9 p.m.) (206-325-6947 or www.licorous.com).
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org