Happy Hour Report: ART Lounge, in the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Seattle, has a happy hour that inherited the popular ground-hangar-steak mini-burgers from Cascadia, where new ART chef Kerry Sear used to serve up the delicious sliders.
Happy Hour |
Those famous sliders may have a new name, but happy-hour revelers who spot them — and revel in them — know them only as Cascadia mini-burgers.
Cascadia closed last year, but those burgers are back, relocated to the ART Lounge inside the Four Seasons downtown. When chef Kerry Sear closed Belltown’s Cascadia to work for the luxury hotel chain, he broke the hearts of foodies everywhere, people who’d made those mini-burgers part of their after-work ritual.
Sear’s ground hanger steak mini-burgers were originally conceived in 1999 for the children’s menu, but arguably became the most influential bar food in Seattle, with Cascadia’s bar packed every evening because of them. Bars around the area started rolling out mini-burgers and sliders soon after.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
ART Lounge hasn’t tinkered with those juicy mini-burgers, which come three per order, best served medium-rare. Top them off with sauteed mushrooms or Beecher’s Cheddar cheese for an additional 50 cents. And though it’s not on the happy-hour menu, you can add truffle butter or pancetta for $1.
The ART Lounge, 99 Union St., inside the Four Seasons Hotel, has happy hour 5-7 p.m. Sundays-Thursdays, when the “mini-burgers trio” and other bar food, beer, selected wine and cocktails all cost $5 (206-749-7070 or www.artrestaurantseattle.com).
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or email@example.com