Thierry Rautureau's Luc offers a late-night happy hour, complete with Rainier beer for $1.
HAPPY HOUR |
Thierry Rautureau’s cuisine is synonymous with fine dining in Seattle. But in his new brasserie, Luc, the “Chef in the Hat” aims for the casual and middlebrow, even offering a late-night happy hour.
There is trendy liqueur Fernet behind the bar and $1 Rainier beer specials, a sign that he wants to draw the young hipster set and the after-work crowd of bartenders and cooks.
Happy hour features a $4 bar menu, noshes that are deceptively more filling than they appear on the small plates, the best being the addictive potato souffle crisps — puffy, fried potato sticks with harrisa aioli.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
The creamy smoked-salmon tartine, salty from the capers, peppery from the arugula, is another nice late-night addition. A smaller portion of the thick and fat lamb sausage entree is available on the happy-hour menu, too.
The sirloin skewers, though, were badly overcooked. And the creamy deviled-egg topping didn’t make that tough beef go down any easier.
As bar snacking goes, Luc’s is better than a lot of the late-night hangouts if you get the munchies. There is a good booze selection, too.
But Luc doesn’t yet draw a young crowd. It’s attracting a Rover’s-like set, mostly in the 40-and-up bracket sipping wine by the glass, not downing Fernet shots and Rainier to end the night.
Luc, 2800 E. Madison St., offers happy hour from 10 p.m.-midnight Sundays-Thursdays with $4 small plates, $1 Rainier beer and $4 beer and wine (206-328-6645 or thechefinthehat.com/luc).
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or email@example.com