It’s tricky, this business of starting up a craft beer pub or brewery. Every ’hood seems to have two or three now. The competition is fierce.
Copper Coin is one of those new kids on the (West Seattle) block. Opened in mid-October, this neighborhood bar draws beer fanatics who also frequent The Beer Junction and The Beveridge Place Pub a few miles south on the main drag.
The difference is you drink at the Beer Junction and The Beveridge Place Pub. You eat and drink at the Copper Coin. There’s a food menu here, unlike the other two beer meccas.
It’s standard bar fare — fish tacos and mac and cheese, along with smoky noshes from the grill — with the food a notch better than the usual pub grub.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Those giant onion rings will look familiar to Red Mill Burger fans. The Copper Coin owner, Alan Shepherd, is a nephew of the family that runs that iconic Seattle burger chain.
The burger recipe here, though, is his own. It’s a juicy, flame-broiled cheeseburger, with a charred crust, pink in the center, and a sweet and tangy sauce.
Wines on tap and cocktails are available. But beer is the draw, an eclectic mix of local brews and some big names such as Dog Fish Head and Boulevard Brewing Company on 20 rotating taps. You should be able to find an IPA or a seasonal brew to your liking. Heck, if you believe in the Mayan calendar, have three.
Copper Coin, 2329 California Ave. S.W., Seattle, offers happy hour from 3-6 p.m. daily with $5 appetizers, wines on tap and a featured cocktail of the day. Also, $1.50 Rainier Beer. In addition, the Monday special is a cheeseburger, fries and any craft beer for $12. There is a family dining area with a kids menu (206-420-3608 or coppercoinseattle.com).
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or email@example.com. On Twitter @tanvinhseattle