Serves 3 to 44 tablespoons cornstarch 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 cup dry sparkling wine or lager beer 1 large shallot, finely chopped...
Serves 3 to 4
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup dry sparkling wine or lager beer
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
1 large shallot, finely chopped
4 cups grated cheese (any combination of Beecher’s Flagship, Smoked Flagship or Flagship Reserve)
Ground white pepper
1. Stir cornstarch and lemon juice together in a small bowl until dissolved. Set aside.
2. Combine sparkling wine or beer with shallots in a fondue pot or medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Let it warm for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add all the cheeses and stir to combine. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir. Return pan to heat and stir continuously until the cheeses are melted and smooth, and the consistency is thick, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with nutmeg and white pepper.
4. Serve with baguette cubes, sliced fruit, ham, dill pickles for dipping.
From Matt Janke, Matt’s in the Market