Randy Newman, Brandi Carlile and John Prine are on the roster for the popular ZooTunes summer outdoor-concert series at the Woodland Park Zoo.
The season kicks off June 23 with Prine, with Kendel Carson & Dustin Bentall, and continues with Old Crow Medicine Show (June 30), Huey Lewis and the News (July 7), John Hiatt & the Combo with Holly Williams (July 17), Newman (July 24), LeAnn Rimes (July 26), Indigo Girls with Lindsay Fuller (July 30-31), Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue with JJ Grey & Mofro (Aug. 7), Todd Snider’s Traveling Folk Show with Shawn Mullins, Hayes Carll and Sarah Jarosz (Aug. 11), Loreena McKennitt (Aug. 15) and Carlile (Aug. 22-23).
All concerts take place on the North Meadow, near the West Entrance at Phinney Avenue North, between North 55th Street and North 56th Street. Seating is festival style, on the lawn. All shows begin at 6 p.m.; zoo gates open at 5 p.m.
Tickets range from $24-$39.50 and go on sale Friday. One child 12 and under per paid ticket is admitted free. Tickets are available in person at the zoo’s west and south gates during zoo hours and online at www.zoo.org. For more information, call the Woodland Park Zoo at 206-548-2500.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff