World Rhythm Festival: Drum and dance workshops from world cultures, performances, International Marketplace vendors, drum rental, noon-4:30 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, youth programs featured Friday; evening celebration performances, 7-10 p.m. Friday; all-community drum and dance, 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday; dance party, 8-10:30 p.m. Saturday; drum circle, 5:30-7 p.m. Sunday, Seattle Center Armory, Seattle; free (swps.org).
AT THE MOVIES
Here are some of the 12 films that open this weekend. For reviews and showtimes, go to seattletimes.com/movies or Friday’s Weekend Plus section.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
“Trance”: Danny Boyle’s psychological puzzler stars James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson. Opens Friday at several theaters.
“42”: This biopic stars Chadwick Boseman as baseball legend Jackie Robinson. Late-night previews Thursday, opens Friday at several theaters.
“To the Wonder”: Terrence Malick’s new film about love and its mystery opens Friday at the Egyptian.
“Scary Movie 5”: The latest installment in this horror movie spoof franchise stars Simon Rex and Ashley Tisdale. Late-night previews Thursday, opens Friday at several theaters.