Five Seattle finalists vie to become host of Seattle Opera's "Confessions of a First-Time Operagoer" video project.
Seattle Opera is taking a cue from reality-TV as it searches for a host for a new video project called “Confessions of a First-Time Operagoer.”
One of five finalists will be chosen by the public to star in a documentary about his or her first experience with Wagner’s Ring cycle, which will be presented by Seattle Opera this summer.
Forty-nine Ring newcomers applied for the opportunity via Facebook, mail or a live casting in May. The finalists, ranging from age 19 to 30, are Cassidy Quinn Brettler, Colton Michael Carothers, Jeff Powell, Amy Tower and Howard Wu.
See their videos and vote for your favorite at seattleopera.org/confessions/finalists. The deadline for voting is 10 a.m. Friday, June 5. The winner will be announced June 6.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
Seattle Opera is partnering on “Confessions” with Reel Grrls, a Seattle-based media and technology training program for young girls. Funding comes from a major, four-year grant from the Wallace Foundation intended to expand arts groups’ reach into the community through technology.
Lynn Jacobson: firstname.lastname@example.org