Five Seattle finalists vie to become host of Seattle Opera's "Confessions of a First-Time Operagoer" video project.
Seattle Opera is taking a cue from reality-TV as it searches for a host for a new video project called “Confessions of a First-Time Operagoer.”
One of five finalists will be chosen by the public to star in a documentary about his or her first experience with Wagner’s Ring cycle, which will be presented by Seattle Opera this summer.
Forty-nine Ring newcomers applied for the opportunity via Facebook, mail or a live casting in May. The finalists, ranging from age 19 to 30, are Cassidy Quinn Brettler, Colton Michael Carothers, Jeff Powell, Amy Tower and Howard Wu.
See their videos and vote for your favorite at seattleopera.org/confessions/finalists. The deadline for voting is 10 a.m. Friday, June 5. The winner will be announced June 6.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
Most Read Stories
Seattle Opera is partnering on “Confessions” with Reel Grrls, a Seattle-based media and technology training program for young girls. Funding comes from a major, four-year grant from the Wallace Foundation intended to expand arts groups’ reach into the community through technology.
Lynn Jacobson: firstname.lastname@example.org