Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime's spy drama "Homeland."
Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime’s spy drama “Homeland.”
Plame said Wednesday the Emmy Award-winning TV series is a compelling drama and that star Claire Danes is “fabulous” as a CIA operations officer.
But Plame told a TV critics’ meeting it’s not credible that the character’s bipolar disorder would go unnoticed. She says the depiction of cellphone use inside CIA headquarters is another gaffe, since the phones are not secure and can be traced.
Plame left the CIA after her covert identity was compromised by information leaked to a newspaper columnist in 2003. She is among those featured in the PBS documentary series “Makers: Women Who Make America,” airing later this year.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte