Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime's spy drama "Homeland."
Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime’s spy drama “Homeland.”
Plame said Wednesday the Emmy Award-winning TV series is a compelling drama and that star Claire Danes is “fabulous” as a CIA operations officer.
But Plame told a TV critics’ meeting it’s not credible that the character’s bipolar disorder would go unnoticed. She says the depiction of cellphone use inside CIA headquarters is another gaffe, since the phones are not secure and can be traced.
Plame left the CIA after her covert identity was compromised by information leaked to a newspaper columnist in 2003. She is among those featured in the PBS documentary series “Makers: Women Who Make America,” airing later this year.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area